Families will find kid-friendly activities in Opfikon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich, and Swiss National Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 306 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Zurich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Opfikon
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich, and Swiss National Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kunsthaus Zurich and Fraumuenster.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Opfikon. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Glattbrugg can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Movenpick Hotel Zuerich-Airport - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Glattbrugg can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Dorint Airport-Hotel Zürich - This 4-star hotel in Glattbrugg features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Bahnhofstrasse, located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Swiss Science Center Technorama, which is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away.
Getting Around Opfikon
Nearby metro stations include Opfikon S-Bahn, Glattbrugg Tram Stop, and Glattbrugg S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Opfikon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.91 inches of rain falls on Opfikon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F