Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kloten, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich, and Swiss National Museum.
- You'll find 303 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Zurich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kloten
A couple of favorite places to visit are Circus Salto Natale and Hallen und Freibad Kloten. In the area, you'll also find Shopping Center Glatt and Zoo Zurich.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kloten. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Allegra Zurich Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Zurich Airport - Our customers like the bar and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Welcome Inn Zurich Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Swiss National Museum, located 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city center, and Kunsthaus Zurich, which is 6.3 mi/10.1 km away.
Getting Around Kloten
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Kloten is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Zurich Airport Freight Tram Stop, Zurich Airport Tram Stop, and Kloten Balsberg Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kloten Station, Zurich Airport Station, or Zurich Airport Station.
Dressing for Kloten
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Kloten gets about 42.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F