Visiting Panama City
Travelers to Panama City give high marks for the shopping, casinos, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its cafés, bars, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Metropolitan Cathedral of Panama, Bridge of the Americas, and Miraflores Locks.
- There are 189 hotels and other accommodations in Panama City
- The closest major airport is in Panama City (PAC-Marcos A. Gelabert Intl.), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Balboa (BLB-Panama Pacifico Intl.), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Panama City
The city is notable for landmarks like Metropolitan Cathedral of Panama, Bridge of the Americas, and Miraflores Locks. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cinta Costera, Metropolitan Nature Park, and Panama Audubon Society. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Via Espana, Uruguay Street, and Multicentro Panama.
In Panama City, you'll find 189 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Isabela Suites - This 3.5-star aparthotel in Casco Viejo features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. Expedia travelers love its central location and high-quality beds.
- Ohana - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- American Trade Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in Casco Viejo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and room size.
Getting Around Panama City
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Panama City is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Iglesia del Carmen Station, Santo Tomas Station, and Estación Lotería. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Panama City Passenger Station.
Dressing for Panama City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Panama City is 2.56 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F