Visitors to Papeete are sure to enjoy the shopping and waterfront. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture. Top sights around the area include Temae Beach and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Papeete
- The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Papeete
The city's natural beauty is on display at Parc Bougainville, Place Jacques Chirac, and Fautaua Waterfall. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Papeete Market is a favorite for retail therapy. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port de Pape'ete is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Papeete. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mahana Lodge Hostel & Backpacker - This 2-star hostel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hotel Tahiti Nui - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- Hotel Tiare Tahiti - This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Temae Beach, 13 mi/21 km from the heart of the city, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, which is 14.2 mi/22.8 km away.
Dressing for Papeete
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- Papeete gets about 68.74 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 69°F