Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Punaauia, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Top sights around the area include Temae Beach, Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, and Moorea Tropical Garden.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Punaauia
- The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punaauia
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Vai'ava Beach and Mahana Park. Additionally, you might want to add Museum of Tahiti to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Punaauia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pension Te Miti - Hostel - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Le Meridien Tahiti - This 4-star resort features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Popular places to visit around the area include Temae Beach, 13.5 mi/21.7 km from the city center, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, which is 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away.
Dressing for Punaauia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Punaauia each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F