Visiting Patuxent River
Travelers to Patuxent River will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Patuxent River
Places to visit in the larger region include Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, and Drum Point Lighthouse. Additionally, you'll find Annmarie Sculpture Garden and Arts Center and Cecil's Old Mill in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Patuxent River, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 17 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in California features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Extended Stay America Lexington Park - Pax River is located 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Lexington Park features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Lexington Park/California Area is located within 4.4 mi (7 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in California can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Patuxent River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Patuxent River gets about 46.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F