Families will find kid-friendly activities in Peru, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Quaint and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its parks and shopping.
- You'll find 62 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ottawa
- The closest major airport is in Peoria, IL (PIA-Greater Peoria Regional), 54.3 mi (87.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Peru
The city's hiking trails and parks provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Baker Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Peru Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Hegeler Carus Mansion and Illinois Valley Community College.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Peru. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Peru - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru - Lasalle Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Peru
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Peru gets about 37.95 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 16°F