Find Hotels in Port Alberni
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
Visiting Port Alberni
Visitors to Port Alberni are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls.
- You'll find 176 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nanaimo
- The closest major airport is in Comox, BC (YQQ-Comox Valley), 29.2 mi (46.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nanaimo, BC (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome), 41.3 mi (66.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Alberni
Cultural venues in the city include McLean Mill National Historic Site, Maritime Discovery Centre, and Rollin Art Centre Gallery. Notable city landmarks like Alberni Pacific Railway and Sproat Lake Petroglyphs might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Hole In The Wall, Canal Beach, and Stamp River Provincial Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Port Alberni. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cedar Wood Lodge Bed and Breakfast Inn and Conference Centre - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Swept Away Inn - Our customers like the breakfast at this guesthouse. This 2.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Sproat Lake Landing Resort - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Port Alberni
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Port Alberni gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 32°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Port Alberni?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Alberni, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Port Alberni?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Port Alberni?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Port Alberni?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Port Alberni?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Port Alberni?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park?
What about the best place to stay near Canal Beach?
What's the best place for a beach vacation in Port Alberni?
What's the best hotel in Port Alberni that's close to historical sites?
Recent reviews of Port Alberni hotels
More trip options
- Port Alberni Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Port Alberni Airports
- Hotels in Port Alberni Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Port Alberni Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Port Alberni
- More Hotel Options in Port Alberni
- More Popular Hotels in Nanaimo
- Other Hotels near Port Alberni, Nanaimo
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends