Visiting Port St. Joe
Travelers to Port St. Joe give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and ecotours. Top sights in the area include Panama City Marina, Panama City Mall, and St. Andrews State Park.
- You'll find 3325 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Panama City
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 48.2 mi (77.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port St. Joe
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Windmark Beach, St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, and T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and St Joseph Bay Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Constitution Convention Museum State Park and Gulf County Welcome Center.
In Port St. Joe, you'll find 575 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Cape San Blas Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- MainStay Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Port Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Tyndall Air Force Base, located 25 mi (40.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Port St. Joe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Port St. Joe gets about 57.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 43°F