Visiting Putnam Station
Visitors can enjoy all that Putnam Station has to offer including its parks. A top sight in the area is Fort Ticonderoga.
- You'll find 235 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake George
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 28.1 mi (45.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Putnam Station
Fort Ticonderoga is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Mount Independence State Historic Site and Ticondroga Country Club in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Putnam Station, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 21 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Inn on Lake Champlain is 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from central Putnam Station. This 3-star farm stay in Putnam Station features free breakfast and free parking.
- Little Bit Of Heaven on Lake George Direct Waterfront is 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the center of Putnam Station. This 3-star hotel in Middlebury features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Middlebury Inn is located 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the heart of Putnam Station. This 2.5-star hotel in Diamond Point features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its beach locale and room size.
Dressing for Putnam Station
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- Putnam Station gets about 39.92 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F