Visiting Crown Point
Visitors can enjoy all that Crown Point has to offer including the churches, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. A top sight in the area is Fort Ticonderoga.
- You'll find 237 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake George
- The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Crown Point
A couple of favorite places to visit are Crown Point State Historic Site and Lake Champlain. Additionally, you'll find Fort Ticonderoga in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Crown Point, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 69 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Fishermen Paradise W/docks is 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the center of Crown Point. Located in Crown Point, this chalet features a kitchen, a fireplace, and a patio. Our customers like its comfortable rooms and location.
- Middlebury Inn is 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from central Crown Point. This 3-star hotel in Middlebury features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites is located 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the heart of Crown Point. This 2.5-star hotel in North Lake George features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Crown Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.92 inches of rain falls on Crown Point each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F