Visiting Red Deer
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Red Deer, which is also known for its theaters and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, art, and monuments. A top sight in the city is Sylvan Lake.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Red Deer
- The closest major airport is in Red Deer, AB (YQF-Red Deer Regional), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Red Deer
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, Lacombe Blacksmith Shop Museum, and Lacombe & District Historical Society. Attractions like Heritage Ranch, Lakeside Go Karts and Mini-Golf, and Ellis Bird Farm are fun for kids of all ages. Notable city landmarks like Cronquist House and Fort Normandeau might be worth a visit.
In Red Deer, you'll be able to select from 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott Red Deer - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Lacombe Inn & Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Chateau Inn Sylvan Lake - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Red Deer include Sylvan Lake.
Dressing for Red Deer
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and -4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 19°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 32°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of -1°F
- Red Deer gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°F