Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Reykjavik
5/5Exceptional!(183 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Downtown, Reykjavik City Hall and Laugavegur are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(232 area reviews)
The abundant dining options and waterfront views are top of the list for many visitors to Vesturbær. A stop by Reykjavik Harbour or Landakotskirkja might round out your trip.
If you're looking for some top things to see and do in Breidholt and surrounding area, you can visit Arbaejarsafn and Reykjavik City Museum.
4.5/5Wonderful!(123 area reviews)
While visiting Hlíðar, you might make a stop by sights like Laugavegur and Hofdi House.
If you're spending some time in Árbær, Reykjavik City Museum and Arbaejarlaug are top sights worth seeing.
Travelers to Reykjavik give high marks for the local tours, fascinating museums, and abundant cafés. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its northern lights, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Reykjavik City Hall, Reykjavik Harbour, and National Museum of Iceland.
- There are 565 hotels and other accommodations in Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 1.2 mi (2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reykjavik
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Iceland, Harpa, and Reykjavik City Museum. Attractions like Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool, Arbaejarlaug, and Vesturbaejarlaug Swimming Pool are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Hallgrimskirkja, Perlan, and National Cathedral.
In Reykjavik, you'll find 565 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Guesthouse 1x6 - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a spa tub and a café, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Freyja Guesthouse & Suites - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Reykjavík 101 can enjoy access to free parking and a free shopping center shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Duus - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Reykjavik include Reykjavik City Hall, Reykjavik Harbour, and Laugavegur. Outside the city, popular places to see include Skalafell Ski Area, 15.8 mi/25.3 km from the heart of the city, and Thingvellir National Park, which is 27.7 mi (44.6 km) away.
Dressing for Reykjavik
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 48°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 31.68 inches of rain falls on Reykjavik each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 56°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Reykjavik?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Reykjavik, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Reykjavik?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Reykjavik?
Where is the best place to stay in Reykjavík 101?
What's a favorite place to stay in Vesturbær?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Reykjavik?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Reykjavik?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Reykjavik?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Blue Lagoon?
What about the best place to stay near Reykjavik Harbour?
What are some accommodations with pools in Reykjavik?
Recent reviews of Reykjavik hotels
More trip options
- Reykjavik Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Reykjavik Airports
- Hotels in Reykjavik Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Reykjavik Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Reykjavik
- More Hotel Options in Reykjavik
- More Popular Hotels in Capital Region
- Other Hotels near Reykjavik, Capital Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends