Visiting Ruidoso Downs
Visitors to Ruidoso Downs are sure to enjoy the casinos, mountain views, and ski areas. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 625 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ruidoso
- The closest major airport is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 41.3 mi (66.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruidoso Downs
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hubbard Museum of the American West and Ruidoso Downs Racetrack. In the area, you'll also find Cree Medows Public Golf Course and The Links at Sierra Blanca.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Ruidoso Downs. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Pine Springs Inn - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bestway Inn - This 2-star hotel features ski slopes, a casino, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Ruidoso Downs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Ruidoso Downs gets about 21.85 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 22°F