Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Mescalero has to offer. There are 668 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mescalero
Places to visit in the larger region include Trestle Recreation Area, Cloudcroft Ski Area, and Cree Medows Public Golf Course. You'll also find The Links at Sierra Blanca and Ruidoso Downs Racetrack in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Mescalero, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 668 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- MCM Elegante Lodge & Suites Ruidoso is 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the center of Mescalero. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Ruidoso Mountain Inn is 15 mi (24.2 km) from central Mescalero. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a spa tub. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Best Western Pine Springs Inn is located 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the heart of Mescalero. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso Downs features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its pool and central location.
Dressing for Mescalero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mescalero is 30.24 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F