Visitors can enjoy all that Carrizozo has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and museums.
- You'll find 625 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ruidoso
- The closest major airport is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carrizozo
The city's cultural venues include Gallery 408 and Carrizozo Heritage Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Valley of Fires Recreation Area to your agenda.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Four Winds Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Carrizozo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- About 21.85 inches of rain falls on Carrizozo each year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 22°F