Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ruidoso, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos.
- There are 762 hotels and other accommodations in Ruidoso
- The closest major airport is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 12.3 mi (19.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 38.6 mi (62.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruidoso
Cultural venues in the city include Hubbard Museum of the American West, Gallery 408, and Smokey Bear Museum and Gift Shop. The mountain views and forests highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bonito Lake, Smokey Bear Historical Park, and Valley of Fires Recreation Area. Top activities include skiing and horseback riding, while The Links at Sierra Blanca, Ruidoso Downs Racetrack, and Cree Medows Public Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
In Ruidoso, there are 762 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Sitzmark Chalet Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this lodge. This 2.5-star lodge features free WiFi, free parking, and a sauna.
- Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ruidoso
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Ruidoso gets about 21.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 22°F