Visitors can enjoy all that Tularosa has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and monuments. There are 591 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tularosa
A favorite place to visit in the city is Three Rivers Petroglyph Site. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan for your vacation to Tularosa, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 591 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Holidays in the High Desert of NM. Snow, Beauty, Romance or Family fun Await you is 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the center of Tularosa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- MCM Elegante Lodge & Suites Ruidoso is located 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the heart of Tularosa. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a spa tub. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Ruidoso Mountain Inn is 24.2 mi (39 km) from central Tularosa. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso Downs features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its pool and central location.
Dressing for Tularosa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Tularosa gets about 11.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F