Visiting San Antonio de Belen
Families will find kid-friendly activities in San Antonio de Belen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, coffeehouses, and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, and Gold Museum.
- You'll find 398 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Antonio de Belen
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Ojo de Agua Spa Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Museum of Costa Rican Art and National Theater.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in San Antonio de Belen. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
- La Riviera Hotel Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Gold Museum, 8.1 mi/13 km from the city center, and Spirogyra Butterfly Garden, which is 8.2 mi (13.2 km) away.
Getting Around San Antonio de Belen
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from San Antonio de Belen Station. San Antonio de Belen might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for San Antonio de Belen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- San Antonio de Belen gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 62°F