Visitors to Santana are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its wineries. Top sights around the area include Monte Palace Gardens, Madeira Stadium, and Botanical Garden.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Santana
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 10.6 mi (17 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santana
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: PARQUE FORESTAL DE QUEIMADAS, Pico Das Pedras, and Pico Ruivo. Additionally, you might want to add Madeira Theme Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Santana. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Quinta Do Furao - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options.
- O Colmo - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- Casas do Pomar - This 4-star villa features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Monte Palace Gardens, 8.1 mi/13.1 km from the heart of the city, and Madeira Stadium, which is 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away.
Dressing for Santana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Santana is 0.91 inches
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F