Find Hotels in Santillana del Mar
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2018
Visiting Santillana del Mar
History buffs enjoy visiting Santillana del Mar though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, zoo, and art. Santander Cathedral, Gran Casino del Sardinero, and Palacio de la Magdalena are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Santillana del Mar
- The closest major airport is in Santander (SDR), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santillana del Mar
The city's cultural venues include Regina Coeli Diocesan Museum and Caves of Altamira. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Collegiate Church of Santillana del Mar. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of the Inquisition and Santillana del Mar Zoo.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Santillana del Mar. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Casa del Marqués - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Colonial de Santillana - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- La Casona de Revolgo - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a private spa tub.
Popular places to visit in the area include Santander Cathedral, located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Gran Casino del Sardinero, which is 16.6 mi/26.7 km away.
Dressing for Santillana del Mar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Santillana del Mar each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Santillana del Mar?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santillana del Mar, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Santillana del Mar?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Santillana del Mar?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Santillana del Mar?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Caves of Altamira?
What about the best place to stay close to Santillana del Mar Zoo?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Santillana del Mar?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Santillana del Mar?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Santillana del Mar?
What's the best accommodation in Santillana del Mar to learn about local history?
Recent reviews of Santillana del Mar hotels
More trip options
- Santillana del Mar Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Santillana del Mar Airports
- Hotels near Popular Santillana del Mar Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Santillana del Mar
- More Hotel Options in Santillana del Mar
- More Popular Hotels in Cantabria
- Other Hotels near Santillana del Mar, Cantabria
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends