Visitors to Shaftesbury are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and coffeehouses. Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, and Old Sarum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Shaftesbury
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 21.7 mi (35 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 34.8 mi (56.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shaftesbury
The city's cultural venues include Gold Hill Museum and Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Garden. In the area, you'll also find Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Shaftesbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Fleur de Lys - Restaurant with rooms - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
- The Grosvenor Arms - Our customers like the convenient parking and room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- The Grove Arms - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
A popular place to see outside the city is Old Sarum, 17.5 mi/28.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Shaftesbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Shaftesbury each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 39°F