Find Hotels in Shubra al Khaymah
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $15
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Apr 1, 2020
Visiting Shubra al Khaymah
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Shubra al Khaymah has to offer. Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Khan el-Khalili are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 281 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cairo
- The closest major airport is in Cairo (CAI-Cairo Intl.), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shubra al Khaymah
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Great Sphinx of Giza, Pyramids at Giza, and Khan el-Khalili. Additionally, in the area you'll find Coptic Museum and Egyptian Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Shubra al Khaymah, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 203 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Novotel Cairo El Borg is 5 mi (8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cairo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino is located 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Cairo can enjoy access to a casino and 14 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit in the area include Museum of Islamic Art, 4.7 mi/7.6 km from the heart of the city, and Cairo Tower, which is 4.9 mi/7.9 km away.
Dressing for Shubra al Khaymah
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- About 0 inches of rain falls on Shubra al Khaymah each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F