Visiting Sioux City
Visitors to Sioux City are sure to enjoy the sporting events, live music, and theaters. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, entertainment choices, and shopping.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Sioux City
- The closest major airport is in Sioux City, IA (SUX-Sioux Gateway), 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sioux City
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Sioux City Art Center, Orpheum Theatre, and Sergeant Floyd River Museum and Welcome Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sioux City Convention Center and Tyson Event Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Sioux City. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Dakota Dunes - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Dakota Dunes can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Sioux City - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Sioux City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- Sioux City gets about 27.74 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 12°F