Visiting Slippery Rock
Visitors to Slippery Rock are sure to enjoy the university setting and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, architecture, and churches.
- You'll find 27 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hermitage
- The closest major airport is in Franklin, PA (FKL-Venango Regional), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Youngstown, OH (YNG-Youngstown - Warren Regional), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Slippery Rock
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Winfield Winery and North County Brewing Company.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Slippery Rock - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
Dressing for Slippery Rock
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.85 inches of rain falls on Slippery Rock each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F