Visitors to Smyrna are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, coffeehouses, and sporting events.
- You'll find 37 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dover
- The closest major airport is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 29.2 mi (46.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 44.9 mi (72.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Smyrna
Places to visit in the larger region include Woodland Beach, Delaware State University, and Dover International Speedway. You'll also find Delaware State Museums and Biggs Museum of American Art in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Smyrna Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Smyrna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.10 inches of rain falls on Smyrna each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F