Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dover, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Top sights in the city include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Delaware State Museums, Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village, and Biggs Museum of American Art. Favorite family attractions include Delaware State Fairgrounds and Abbott's Mill Nature Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Woodland Beach, Slaughter Beach, and Prime Hook Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dover. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Marriott Dover - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Milford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Dover include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Dover gets about 46.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F