Find Hotels in Delaware City, DE
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Sep 29, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 2, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 16, 2021
Visiting Delaware City
Visitors can enjoy all that Delaware City has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and parks. A top sight in the area is Fort Delaware State Park.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Delaware City
Fort Delaware State Park is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge and Kirkwood Soccer Complex.
As you make plans for a getaway to Delaware City, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 33 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Baymont by Wyndham Newark at University of Delaware is 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the center of Delaware City. This 2.5-star hotel in Newark features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Wilmington New Castle is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from central Delaware City. This 3-star hotel in New Castle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Wilmington - Newark is located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the heart of Delaware City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Newark can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Delaware City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Delaware City gets about 43.11 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F