Visiting Crested Butte
Visitors to Crested Butte are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and restaurants. Quaint and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Crested Butte
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 25 mi (40.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crested Butte
Cultural venues in the city include Center for the Arts, Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, and Crested Butte Mountain Theatre. The city's mountain views and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Crested Butte Town Park. Top activities include skiing and biking, while Crested Butte Nordic Center is one place to visit.
In Crested Butte, you'll find 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elk Mountain Lodge - This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Old Town Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Inn at Crested Butte - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Aspen Mountain, 23.6 mi/37.9 km from the city center, and Independence, which is 26.1 mi (42 km) away.
Dressing for Crested Butte
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be -7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and -6°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Crested Butte is 10.63 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -4°F