Visitors can enjoy all that Sochi has to offer including the monuments, ski areas, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music, and riverfront. A top sight in the city is Rosa Khutor Ski Resort.
- There are 779 hotels and other accommodations in Sochi
- The closest major airport is in Sochi (AER-Sochi Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sochi
Cultural venues in the city include V.V. Barsova Dacha Museum, Stalin's Villa, and Sochi History Museum. Attractions like Sochi Discovery World Aquarium and Aquapark Amfibius are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Archangel Column, Sochi Maritime Terminal, and Argonauts' Golden Fleece Monument.
In Sochi, you'll find 779 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Sochi - This 5-star hotel in Sochi City Centre features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and local sightseeing.
- Swissôtel Resort Sochi Kamelia - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Hotel Priut Pandy - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free children's club, along with free WiFi.
Other top sights in Sochi include Rosa Khutor Ski Resort.
Getting Around Sochi
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Sochi Station, Khosta Station, or Adler Station. Sochi might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sochi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sochi is 30.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F