Visiting Somma Lombardo
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Somma Lombardo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, shopping, and lakeside setting. Sacred Mountain of the Rosary, Borromeo Plaza, and Basilica of San Gaudenzio are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2431 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Milan
- The closest major airport is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Somma Lombardo
Favorite places to visit in the city include Castle Visconti San Vito, Basilica di Saint Agnese, and Volandia Museum of Flight. In the area, you'll also find Sacred Mountain of the Rosary and Borromeo Plaza.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Somma Lombardo. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bed & Breakfast Il Ciliegio Fiorito - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
- MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a bar.
- First Hotel Malpensa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Basilica of San Gaudenzio, 17.1 mi/27.5 km from the city center, and Broletto, which is 17.3 mi/27.8 km away.
Getting Around Somma Lombardo
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Somma Lombardo Station. Somma Lombardo may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Somma Lombardo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 37.72 inches of rain falls on Somma Lombardo each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F