Visitors to Southampton are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, festivals, and opera houses.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in Southampton
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southampton
The city's cultural venues include Shinnecock Nation Cultural Center and Museum and Southampton Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Agawam Park, Cooper's Beach, and Shinnecock East County Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Southampton Golf Range and North Main Street Historic District.
In Southampton, you'll find 66 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- A Butler's Manor - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Easterner Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Southampton Long Island Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Southampton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Southampton Station. Southampton might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Southampton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 46.85 inches of rain falls on Southampton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F