Visiting Hampton Bays
Visitors to Hampton Bays are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Hampton Bays
- The closest major airport is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 15.6 mi (25.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampton Bays
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Meschutt Beach and Ponquogue Beach. In the area, you'll also find Shinnecock East County Park and Shinnecock Hills Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Hampton Bays. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Maid Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Bowen's by the Bays - This 2.5-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Drake Inn - With a stay at this 2-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Hampton Bays
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Hampton Bays Station. Hampton Bays may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hampton Bays
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- About 46.85 inches of rain falls on Hampton Bays each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F