The Artist's Cabin sits on the very edge of the Bay of Fundy and is backed by a trail-lined sixty-acre farm that is home to horses, peacocks, geese, ducks, swans, deer, foxes, and more. Located about 8 minutes from St. Andrews and 15-20 minutes from St Stephen, we are in easy reach of extraordinary restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, a lively arts scene, great cafes, a world-class golf course, and amazing outdoor adventure opportunities ranging from sea kayaking and hiking to whale watching and scuba diving. The views will take your breath away and the local people will welcome you with open arms.
The cabin was named for the artists who have come here to write, photograph, paint, and rejuvenate. It is both very cosy and incredibly romantic and offers breathtaking views of the Bay of Fundy, Kilmarnock Head, and Ministers Island. It's a perfect location for couples, solo adventurers, business travellers, and families (with kids)looking to spend a week or two at a slower pace.
Please note that we have a second listing available on a neighbouring property that can be viewed by clicking on my profile name.
The cabin is solar powered but there is also a generator in case your energy needs exceed the capability. The fridge, stove, and heater run on propane.
Note: While we do not have kayaks on-site, Eastern Outdoors (based in St. Andrews) offers wonderful tours and rents both kayaks and wetsuits. They are sometimes able to deliver both on request.
If you have any questions about what is available on-site or locally, please do not hesitate to ask.
This reservation has a Firm cancellation policy - refunds will be issued up to 60 days prior to the check in date.
A 100% refund is provided for travellers cancelling at least 60 days before check-in. A 50% refund is provided for travellers cancelling from 30 to 59 days before check-in. No refunds are provided for travellers cancelling less than 30 days prior to check-in. CanadaStays Booking Fees are refundable if you cancel within 48 hours of placing your booking request.
Our house rules: primary renter must be 25 or older, no smoking, no parties or events, no pets.
(1) No smoking
(2) Please enquire about pets
(3) While we realize that all of our guests are on vacation, we ask that you avoid loud and rambunctious parties as others live on and near the property. This is a serene environment and we ask those who stay here to respect that reality.
(4) Please drive slowly on the property as people, young and old, walk the roads and trails day and night (is a perfect place to view the stars!)
(5) Please keep beach fires small and at least 10 metres from the cabin.
(6) As much as possible, please leave the cottage the way you found it.