Visiting Svetlyy Yar
Travelers to Svetlyy Yar will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Volgograd (VOG-Volgograd Intl.), 29 mi (46.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Svetlyy Yar
Places to visit in the larger region include Volga-Don Shipping Canal History Museum, Old Sarepta Museum, and Volga-Don Canal Lock No. 1. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Svetlyy Yar, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 27 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hampton by Hilton Volgograd Profsoyuznaya is located 20 mi (32.2 km) from the heart of Svetlyy Yar. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Volgograd can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast.
- Hotel Volgograd is 20 mi (32.2 km) from the center of Svetlyy Yar. This 5-star hotel in Volgograd features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
- Yuzhniy Hotel is 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from central Svetlyy Yar. This 3-star hotel in Volgograd features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Svetlyy Yar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 12°F at night
- About 13.27 inches of rain falls on Svetlyy Yar each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F