History buffs will enjoy exploring Taormina, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, theaters, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Greek Theatre and Lido Mazzaro.
- You'll find 678 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Taormina Coast
- The closest major airport is in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 29 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taormina
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Greek Theatre, San Giorgio Theatre, and Taormina Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of San Giuseppe, Torre dell'Orologio, and Corso Umberto. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lido Mazzaro, Fondazione Mazzullo, and Isola Bella.
In Taormina, there are 328 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Fiorita - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
- Villa Valentina - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private patio.
- La Malandrina Apartments & Suites - Amenities at this apartment include free WiFi and valet parking. Expedia customers love its overall value and high-quality beds.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Cathedral of Acireale, located 17.7 mi (28.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Taormina
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Taormina Giardini Station. Taormina might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Taormina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Taormina each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 55°F