Visitors can enjoy all that Tateshina has to offer including the ski areas and museums. Top sights around the area include Ueda Castle and Mount Asama. You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Karuizawa.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tateshina
The city's cultural venues include World Silhouette Museum and Shirakaba Highlands Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kamisuwa Onsen and Lake Shirakaba.
As you start planning your visit to Tateshina, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 16 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Annie Hills is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from central Tateshina. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star pension in Tateshina can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Colosseum Inn Tateshina is located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of Tateshina. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tateshina can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Izumigo Hotel Ambient Tateshina Cottage is 6 mi (9.6 km) from the center of Tateshina. This 3-star cottage in Tateshina features 3 restaurants, free parking, and free train station pick-up.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Ueda Castle, located 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city center, and Mount Asama, which is 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away.
Dressing for Tateshina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Tateshina gets about 44.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F