Visiting The Villages
Families will find kid-friendly activities in The Villages, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city will delight tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Don Garlits Museum of Racing.
- You'll find 358 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leesburg
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 12 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in The Villages
Golfing is one of the top activities, while Glenview Champions Country Club, Orange Blossom Hills Golf & Country Club, and Nancy Lopez Legacy Golf & Country Club are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Villages Market Square and Spanish Springs Town Square.
In The Villages, you'll find 259 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites The Villages - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- The Waterfront Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott at The Villages - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Don Garlits Museum of Racing, 13.1 mi/21 km from the heart of the city, and Paddock Mall, which is 21 mi (33.8 km) away.
Dressing for The Villages
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for The Villages is 1.81 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 45°F