Travelers to Leesburg give high marks for the lakeside setting and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, festivals, and entertainment choices.
- There are 540 hotels and other accommodations in Leesburg
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leesburg
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Mount Dora Center for the Arts, Mount Dora History Museum, and Mount Dora Museum Of Speed. The city is notable for landmarks like Florida National Cemetery, First Baptist Church of Mount Dora, and Dade Battlefield State Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Venetian Gardens, Gilbert Park, and Lake Weir.
In Leesburg, you'll find 540 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mount Dora Historic Inn - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Magnolia Inn Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Farnsworth House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit in the area include Don Garlits Museum of Racing, 22.2 mi/35.7 km from the heart of the city, and Appleton Museum of Art, which is 29.7 mi/47.8 km away.
Dressing for Leesburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 51.19 inches of rain falls on Leesburg each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F