Families will find kid-friendly activities in Towanda, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, museums, and mountain views. A top sight in the city is Ricketts Glen State Park.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Towanda
- The closest major airport is in Elmira, NY (ELM-Elmira - Corning Regional), 36 mi (57.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Binghamton, NY (BGM-Greater Binghamton), 38.7 mi (62.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Towanda
The city's cultural venues include Bradford County Museum and Sayre Historical Society Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Stephen Foster Memorial, Church of the Redeemer, and St. Basil's Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Ricketts Glen State Park, Endless Mountains, and Lake Wesauking.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Towanda. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Sayre - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Sayre - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Victorian Charm Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Waterman Conservation Education Center, located 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Towanda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 36.30 inches of rain falls on Towanda each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F