Visiting Trout Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Trout Lake has to offer including the beaches, waterfalls, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Trout Lake
- The closest major airport is in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (CIU-Chippewa County Intl.), 29.1 mi (46.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 31.4 mi (50.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Trout Lake
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ozark Ghost Town. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Trout Lake, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 18 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Historic Birch Lodge is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the heart of Trout Lake. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Trout Lake can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- Beautiful and Quiet Trout Lake UP Home Central to all the Sights, Sleeps 12! is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from central Trout Lake. This 2.5-star hotel in Newberry features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
- Americas Best Value Inn-Tahquamenon Country is 21.4 mi (34.5 km) from the center of Trout Lake. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in St Ignace can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Trout Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 42°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 27.91 inches of rain falls on Trout Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F