Visitors to Newberry are sure to enjoy the waterfalls. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Newberry
- The closest major airport is in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (CIU-Chippewa County Intl.), 52.2 mi (84 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newberry
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Oswald's Bear Ranch and Muskallonge Lake State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Newberry Country Club and Crisp Point Lighthouse.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Tahquamenon Country - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
Dressing for Newberry
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- About 32.40 inches of rain falls on Newberry each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F