Find Hotels in Upper Middle Rhine Valley
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $55
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Upper Middle Rhine Valley
History buffs will enjoy exploring Upper Middle Rhine Valley, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. Rural and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its wineries. Top sights in the city include Loreley and Deutsches Eck.
- There are 222 hotels and other accommodations in Upper Middle Rhine Valley
- The closest major airport is in Mainz (QFZ-Mainz Finthen), 22.8 mi (36.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (HHN-Frankfurt - Hahn), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Upper Middle Rhine Valley
Cultural venues in the city include Rheinfels Castle, Rudesheim Toy Museum, and Pfalzgrafenstein Castle. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Deutsches Eck, Marksburg Castle, and Rheinstein Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Loreley, Rheinanlagen Rose Garden, and Park on the Mäuseturm.
In Upper Middle Rhine Valley, you'll be able to select from 222 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- FÄHRHAUS - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Metternich can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Hotel Burg Reichenstein - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Mainz-Bingen features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Unter den Linden - This 3-star hotel in Mainz-Bingen features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Popular places to see outside the city include Geierlay Suspension Bridge, located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center, and Burg Eltz, which is 17 mi (27.3 km) away.
Getting Around Upper Middle Rhine Valley
With so many ways to get around, seeing Upper Middle Rhine Valley is easy. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from St. Goar Station, St. Goar KD, or St. Goarshausen KD. You can catch a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Upper Middle Rhine Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Upper Middle Rhine Valley is 1.10 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F
More trip options
- Hotels near Upper Middle Rhine Valley Airports
- Hotels in Upper Middle Rhine Valley Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Upper Middle Rhine Valley Attractions
- More Hotel Options in Upper Middle Rhine Valley
- More Popular Hotels in Germany
- Other Hotels near Upper Middle Rhine Valley, Germany
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends