Get an overview of this hotelVenice hotel behind La Fenice opera house
Popular property highlights
Near St Mark's Square
Tucked away on a little square behind La Fenice opera house and 300 metres from St Mark's Square, this 68-room Venice hotel has been a destination for musicians, actors, and other artists since 1968.
An independent indoor-outdoor restaurant once favoured by poet Gabriele D'Annunzio serves Venetian dishes and offers a discount to hotel guests; salons and garden courtyards provide quiet retreats. Free WiFi is also available.
Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes' guestrooms are individually furnished and decorated in 19th-century Venetian style; amenities include satellite TV, free WiFi, minibar, and nightly turndown service.
- Good, quiet location
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Overall room comfort
Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner and for beverages from mid-morning to late night. Complimentary newspapers are laid out in the hotel's two salons that are lined with contemporary paintings and offer soft leather and velvet seating. Front-desk attendants provide concierge services such as restaurant reservations and tour bookings.
Free WiFi is also available in public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 68
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 4
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Flat-panel TV
Where to Eat
Guests of Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes enjoy a complimentary continental buffet breakfast each morning.
La Taverna - Independently operated indoor-outdoor restaurant open since 1907 and named by Italian poet and one-time patron Gabriele D'Annunzio. Elaborate wood ceiling, fabric-covered walls, red velvet chairs and banquettes, floor of multi-coloured broken-marble pieces. Outside tables bordered by potted plants and flower boxes. Menu featuring house-made pasta and Venetian specialties. Open for dinner. 15% discount for hotel guests.
Bar - Drink service from mid-morning to late night in two salons with leather and velvet seating, beamed ceilings, brown-and-white marble floors, and Venetian-style bottle-glass windows. Classical background music. Annual exhibit of contemporary paintings. Drink service also available in two interior garden courtyards.
Nearby Things to Do
The Lido, a slender, 11.5-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea that lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre, is the city's playground, especially in summer when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 2 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 1.70 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Fenice
- Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes
- Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes Venice
- La Fenice Et Des Artistes
- La Fenice Et Des Artistes Venice
- Hotel Fenice Artistes Venice
- Hotel Fenice Artistes
- Fenice Artistes Venice
- Fenice Artistes
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 2 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.