Find Hotels in Viagrande
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2017
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2018
Reviewed on Aug 10, 2018
Visitors can enjoy all that Viagrande has to offer including the zoo, wineries, and sightseeing tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, shopping, and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Cathedral of Acireale, Norman Castle, and Angelo Massimino Stadium.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Viagrande
- The closest major airport is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Viagrande
A favorite place to visit in the city is Butterfly House. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cathedral of Acireale and Norman Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Viagrande. Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Grand Hotel Villa Itria - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit in the area include Angelo Massimino Stadium, located 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Massimo Bellini Theater, which is 8.2 mi/13.2 km away.
Dressing for Viagrande
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.67 inches of rain falls on Viagrande each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F