Visitors to Wattala are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, beaches, and local tours. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Wattala
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wattala
Negombo Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Sugathadasa Stadium and St Lucia’s Cathedral in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wattala. Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Pegasus Reef Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
Dressing for Wattala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Wattala gets about 3.66 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F