Find Hotels in Wausau, WI
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $69
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 24, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wausau, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, entertainment choices, and mountain views. A top sight in the city is Granite Peak Ski Area.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Wausau
- The closest major airport is in Mosinee, WI (CWA-Central Wisconsin), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wisconsin Rapids, WI (ISW-South Wood County), 42.6 mi (68.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wausau
Cultural venues in the city include Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art, Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, and Marathon County Historical Museums. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Rib Mountain State Park and Grandfather Falls. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Maple Hills Golf Course, Merrill Golf Club, and Riverview Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wausau. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stewart Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Best Western Plus Wausau/Rothschild Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Merrill - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other top sights in Wausau include Granite Peak Ski Area.
Dressing for Wausau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- Wausau gets about 32.41 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wausau?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wausau, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Wausau?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Wausau?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Wausau?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Wausau?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Wausau?
Where is the best place to stay close to Granite Peak Ski Area?
What about the best place to stay close to Logger's Landing Indoor Waterpark?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Wausau?
What's the best accommodation for a winter vacation in Wausau?
What are some accommodations with pools in Wausau?
Recent reviews of Wausau hotels
More trip options
- Wausau Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wausau Airports
- Hotels near Popular Wausau Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Wausau
- More Hotel Options in Wausau
- Wausau Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Wisconsin
- Other Hotels near Wausau, Wisconsin
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends