Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rothschild, and visitors give high marks for the water parks. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, ski areas, and restaurants.
- You'll find 39 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wausau
- The closest major airport is in Mosinee, WI (CWA-Central Wisconsin), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothschild
Places to visit in the larger region include Granite Peak Ski Area, Rib Mountain State Park, and Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art. You'll also find Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum and Marathon County Historical Museums in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rothschild. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Wausau/Rothschild Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Wausau - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Wausau-Rothschild - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Rothschild
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rothschild is 32.40 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F