Families enjoy visiting Waycross though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, entertainment choices, and churches.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Waycross
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 52.6 mi (84.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waycross
Cultural venues in the city include Southern Forest World, Okefenokee Heritage Center, and WWII Flight Training Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Okefenokee Swamp Park, Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, and Laura S Walker State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are General Coffee State Park and Blueberry Plantation Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Waycross. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Douglas - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Comfort Inn Blackshear Hwy 84 - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Waycross - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean rooms and location.
Dressing for Waycross
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Waycross is 46.81 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F