Visiting St. Simons Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring St. Simons Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. A top sight in the area is Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- You'll find 573 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Simons Island
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Christ Church, Frederica, Fort Frederica National Monument, and Bloody Marsh Battle Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Little River, Demere Park, and Neptune Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sea Palms Resort Golf Course and King and Prince Golf Course.
In St. Simons Island, you'll be able to select from 258 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sea Gate Inn by Sea Palm Resort - With a stay at this 4-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Grey Owl Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon's Island - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for St. Simons Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 45.00 inches of rain falls on St. Simons Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 44°F